Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am Pro-RH Bill because...


All opinions expressed here are MY OWN. Your opinions, comments and even suggestions are all welcome here. You may post it at the bottom (comment box) of the page. Thank you!

P.S.: Anyone who'll attempt to initiate debate is very much appreciated. Let's have a smashing debate. ;)

------------------------------------------------------

We probably know what RH bill is right now because of lots of debates and "wars" between the goverment and the CBCP. Well honestly, months ago I was not yet well informed about this "hot issue", and I always see "RH bill leads to abortion" lines and that CBCP don't like it so much. And also, since I am a student of a state university, I was thinking that the budget that will be given to this bill isn't deserving and lots of state Universities and Colleges need it the most (It is the time when government slashed budget from SUCs). So I thought that this would be a horrible bill.

After a month or so, after watching lots of debates of politicians and other sectors and after reading the full context of the bill itself, I was enlightened about the "real" purpose of this bill. And so, my mind switched, now being a PRO-RH Bill. I know that I am not that eligible to say these stuffs for I am not a woman, but I'll write this as one of the citizens of the Philippines who'll have more significant effects after this bill.

And after all, I know and I believe that I won't be less catholic if I support this one. Pro-CHANCE it is (Risa Hontivero's TV Ad).

These are the usual lines I always hear from the Anti's:

1. RH Bill is a gateway to legal abortion.

I say... Honestly, who would want to legalize abortion?! Of course none of us wants it. According to Section 3, article j:

"While this Act recognizes that abortion is illegal and punishable by law, the government shall ensure that all women needing care for post-abortion complications shall be treated and counseled in a humane, non-judgmental and compassionate manner;"

NOBODY WANTS ABORTION. ENOUGH SAID.

2. Children are our future. If RH Bill is implemented, our future will be seriously affected.

I say... Of course I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way (ooopss!). Well, seriously Youth are the future, but one thing about this bill is, this isn't about snagging to have children in every married couple. Still, couples would want to have their own children. This isn't about a hindrance to a woman to have her own child. It is still a Woman's choice and her partner's as well.


And as far as I know, some married couples choose not to have children. That's why we have this Childfree term:

(from wikipedia) Childfree (sometimes spelled child-free) is a term used to describe individuals who neither have children nor desire to have children. An alternative term is childless by choice.

See? We just have to respect every choice.

As section 3, article a. states:

"This Act declares the following as guiding principles:

Freedom of choice, which is central to the exercise of right must be fully guaranteed by the State;"


3. That more than 90 million Filipinos is the excuse of our government in passing this bill.

I say... Maybe it is one of the reasons. I believe that there are little correlations between the population and poverty rate. I am not saying that Philippines is over-populated, well in fact the distribution of the people in every region is the problem (inevitable). Maybe the point here is, for example, in a very poor family (10 children living with a "full time housewife" mother and a father as carpenter getting 300/day salary), seriously, how can you make your Php300.00 salary enough for your family in a day? Will you be able to enter your children in a school to study? how about their fare? their books? their other school supplies? This maybe the problem in a family which has less information (we have to accept the truth) about responsible parenthood.

And other lots of questions and opinions, that we also have to respect.

In the light of my article, I say... We are in a 3rd world country and we are in the 21st century already. We have to accept the fact that we cannot preach every people to lessen their libido or whatever the term is. Most people would still want to have sex with their partner and we cannot avoid this because we are in a democratic country (It would be a bad idea to have an act prohibiting couple to have sex. really.) Think outside the box . You can't say RH Bill is against children and women, THIS IS JUST ABOUT GIVING INFORMATION and GUIDANCE to those who deserve it. THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT CONTRACEPTIVES. Of course, the government should make sure that these contraceptives will be safe to use. Again, according to RH Bill, "IT IS STILL A CHOICE OF EVERY WOMAN". Not compulsory. Not mandatory. "Enough said". We should support and respect every couples' choice on family planning and a choice to have their desired number of children so they can live the way they want. Remember, some sources are limited.

RH bill is PRO-Chance most especially for the future years to come.

Regarding the church, I found this article written by Degenerate Kid, a freelance blogger (see www.kcmontero.com).

The Church

The church and their bishops did not like the RH Bill fan page on Facebook. They say that it is against their beliefs. They say that sex is about procreation. They say sex should only be between husband and wife. They say sex is sacred.

They’re right. Sex is about reproduction. Does it mean that a husband and a wife cannot practice? I don’t know about you, but if I get married and decide to have a child with myfuture wife Dianna Agron, I want to practice first. If I want to make a baby, I want to at least practice first. Da Vinci did not paint the Mona Lisa without practicing first.

Is sex really sacred? If you’re married, please hit the comments because I really want to know if you feel a holy presence while having sex with your spouse. Do you think about Jesus while reaching orgasm? Because that would be sick.

The church is acting ignorant with their latest statements. Statements like sperm cells are unborn babies. Statements like teachers who are pro-RH Bill don’t have the right to teach. Statements like people who use condoms have marital problems (which is ignorant because it’s like saying all priests are child molesters).

Sounds sharp but if you get his point, then you'll understand it. I am not a very clever person, but the things I expressed above are all based on my own perspective about this bill and its effects on our society.

But in some point, I just wish that the budget to be allotted in this bill would be in its most appropriate place.



Sabi nga sa isang video from Youtube na napanood ko:


"We love you.. We love our church, pero mahal 
din namin ang aming mga pamilya"

At hindi lang mga katoliko ang nakatira sa Pilipinas. May Iglesia ni Kristo, Muslim at marami pa.

Mahirap magsayang ng oras at pera. Panahon na! RH na!



0 comments:

Post a Comment